We are looking for an experienced statistician who knows both Bayesian statistics AND programming languages.
For Bayesian statistics, the candidate MUST know:
- MCMC methods, including Gibbs sampling, M-H sampling, and slice sampling
- Econometrics and/or mathematical statistics, with a deep knowledge of regression and choice models (e.g. logit, probit)
In programming, the candidate MUST know:
- R and/or S-Plus
- Knowledge of SAS is helpful, but not required
In addition to statistical software development, the position involves advanced statistical modeling of large transactional databases. Consultation with other staff on interpretation and analysis of advanced models is also part of the job.
- Competitive salary with potential for bonus
- 100% individual health and dental insurance, 75% for family plans
- 401K plan with discretionary employer matching
- Generous PTO plan - combination of vacation, sick, and personal days
Please attach your resume as well as a letter of interest that includes the following information and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Explain how your background, experience, and personality traits will fit with the job description
- Tell us your visa or immigration status (if applicable)
- Include your salary requirements
- Mention how soon you would be able to start
We are located in Needham, MA, just off Route 128. We are not near public transportation, so a car is necessary.