Client Success Stories –
A Breakthrough Method for Developing a Market Structure for a Leading CPG Food Company
- Dynamic changes in the category have led to tremendous growth but increased customer confusion at shelf.
- Our client needed to gain an understanding of category dynamics to:
- Win consumers with existing and new products
- Be a better partner to retail customers, ultimately gaining more captaincies
Our Solution: An innovative, integrated panel and survey-based solution
- Combine powerful historical information from household panel data with the predictive information gained through a survey to yield the most accurate predictions for the future:
- How are consumers making decisions today? What motivates the purchase? What about tomorrow?
- What new products will hit the mark?
- How do we grow our share and also grow the category at the same time (win-win for retail partners and manufacturer)?
- Delivered maps and simulation tool, well beyond "standard CDTs"
- Results were shared with retail partners and received with great enthusiasm. The sales force now has a ground breaking new way for retailers to sell the category.
- A large retailer has agreed to a 200 store controlled test based on our recommendations. Results are forthcoming.
Early Results from this Market Structure Study...
- New planograms were implemented by a number of retail food chains
- Total category dollar volume was down 6% prior to the new planogram implementation
- At the retailers where the new planogram was put in place (driven by our consumer decision tree), category dollar volume is up 4%
Read more about our solution for Market Structure